Your front door is the most important door in your house. It is the porthole into your world and influences the first impression of anyone who comes to visit you. In this regard you want your main entry door to look great and be functional, too! You want your front door to be tough, beautiful and gracious.
So What Makes a Perfect Entry Doors?
It should be:
- Aesthetic appeal
- Safe and secure
- Protected from the elements
- Offer great curb appeal
If you’re looking for a new front door for your house you will probably want it to tick all of the above boxes. If you want to learn more then continue reading below and find out why these points should always be kept in mind when shopping around for a new door.
- Aesthetic Appeal – If like us, you are very proud of your abode then you will want to consider complementing that with a stunning front door. We have seen too many wonderful houses that are let down by old, dated doors that desperately need replacing. A quality door and window retailer sells all types and classes of front doors so you should find something that suits your needs and that is within your budget.
- Safety – Safety is arguably the most important of all things to consider when purchasing a new front door. It is the first thing that a potential intruder will look at when sizing up your home. Even though break-ins are relatively infrequent in Toronto – a sturdy and well-built front door will undoubtedly make things harder for wannabe burglars.
- Protected from the Elements – You don’t want to have to worry about the weather. Perfect entry doors must be strong enough to withstand blistering heat, torrential rain, high winds and even snow in the depths of winter. It should do all this while simultaneously retaining its good looks and sturdiness. This is why it is essential to purchase from a reputable, local dealer who has a history of selling quality doors and windows.
- Durability and Future-Proof – Most older doors are constructed from some sort of wood or alternatively a wood based veneer, both of which are susceptible to warping, cracking, and delaminating if they are exposed to weather conditions in the Toronto area for a number of years. Metal doors aren’t safe either; most steel doors begin to peel after a couple of years’ service. Consider purchasing a fiberglass door; fiberglass doors generally resist standard day to say wear and tear a little better than steel. They are also available in a range of attractive designs (including very realistic wooden grain-like designs), need very little maintenance and are often favourably priced too.
- Curb Appeal – Frequently overlooked when buying a new entry door is: how does it look to potential buyers? If you are planning on selling up in the future you should definitely take this into consideration. Does the door match the house? A quality, good looking front door is the first thing a buyer will see and could potentially spur them to make an offer. The addition of low-maintenance, decorative trim products like urethane pilasters, crossheads and pediments can really finish the overall appeal of a main entrance.
Make sure to bear these factors in mind when looking for a front door. Whatever sort of doors or windows you are interested in, if you live in Toronto there is only one place to look: Toronto Doors and Windows. We have over 10 years of providing high quality entry doors to builders, homeowners, designers and renovation experts.