Replacement windows are a big investment so you need to be sure that the company who supplies and installs them knows exactly what they are doing and that you choose the right windows for your property. Below are 8 questions you can ask the companies you approach all about vinyl windows, to help ensure that you make the right choices. There are quite a few reputable suppliers and installers that offer their services across the Greater Toronto Area so there is no need to settle for second best.
Whenever you start talking to a local company about replacement windows for your property, be sure to ask them the following questions.
1. How Long Have You Been in Business in the GTA? – A company that has been serving homeowners in the area for many years will be much better equipped to deal with any installation issues that may arise and will be able to give you accurate advice when it comes to recommending the best type of windows for properties in this part of the world. They will know which styles sell well, which type of vinyl windows stand up to the local weather conditions the best, and what other people with similar properties to yours have chosen to have installed.
2. How Long Will It Take to Install My New Windows? – Given that you will probably want to vacate the property while the work is being carried out, or at least arrange to sleep and have your meals elsewhere, it is important to know how long it will take.
3. What is the Energy Rating of the Glass in Your Windows? – The energy rating of the glass in the vinyl windows you buy will determine how much you could save on utility bills in the long term.
4. What Kind of Guarantees for Materials and Labour Do You Offer? – Given the amount of money you will be spending, you should make sure that the company you give your business to offers a comprehensive warranty for both their windows and workmanship.
5. Are You Insured? – Comprehensive liability insurance will cover any accidental damage or injuries that may occur during the installation process and is therefore essential.
6. Do You Have a Showroom? – The best way for you to get a feel for how different styles of vinyl windows will look in your home is to see them in a showroom setting. Catalogs are useful but it is much easier to judge what they really look like when you see windows installed in a showroom environment.
7. Are Your Quotations All-Inclusive? – If you are going to compare quotations from several different companies in Toronto, you need to know that each one includes all necessary installation work and materials. If there are any hidden extras, these could invalidate your comparisons.
8. Do You Have Your Own Installation Team? – Companies with their own in-house installers will be able to guarantee a higher level of service than those who leave the work to subcontractors.
To speak to a company that has helped numerous local homeowners upgrade their properties with high quality vinyl windows, call Toronto Doors and Windows now. We provide free initial consultations and estimates for customers in all parts of the GTA, and would be delighted to help you improve your home in the near future.