One of the main reasons that homeowners in Toronto and other parts of the country are so keen to invest in replacement windows and doors is because they can add to the value of a property significantly. There are many ways in which you can increase the value of your home but fitting new doors and windows has to be one of the most effective and easiest to implement. Below, we have listed 8 reasons that this type of home improvement project can have such a positive effect on the value of residential properties.
How New Windows and Doors Will Increase the Value of Your Home
The reasons listed below are valid for all types of properties but if you decide to install low quality replacements, you may not benefit from them all. With this in mind, we recommend that you invest in good quality products manufactured by a reputable firm.
- Visual Appeal – Replacement windows and doors can transform a property, especially when you spend a little more on high quality products. If your existing frames are starting to show signs of wear and tear, brand new vinyl units will make the world of difference to the curb appeal of your home.
- Security – Anybody that is interested in buying a new property will be keen to ensure that it is as secure as possible so that they feel safe in their new home. New high quality doors and replacement windows provide an effective barrier against intruders and are therefore a major selling point.
- Maintenance – Brand new vinyl-framed doors and windows are virtually maintenance free, which is sure to appeal to prospective buyers. Nobody wants to buy a home that looks as if it will need a lot of work to keep it in good condition.
- Energy Efficiency – A property with new windows and doors is likely to be less expensive to heat in the cold Toronto winters and cheaper to cool in the hot, humid summers that we experience here. This fact is sure to appeal to potential buyers.
- First Impressions – First impressions really do count when you are trying to sell a property and the very first thing that prospective buyers will see when they arrive is the windows and, more particularly, the main entrance door. If these are in bad condition, it will be very difficult to convince them that your house is a worthwhile investment.
- Appearance of a Well-Maintained Home – The fact that the exterior of your home is in such good condition will help to convince people that you take very good care of your property. Rather than looking for faults in everything they see once they enter your home, they will be looking for, and expecting to see, confirmation of your enthusiasm for property maintenance.
- No Renovation Expenses – A property with brand new windows and doors will not need to have money spent on it for many years, which will be a major plus as far as all prospective buyers are concerned.
- Lasting Memory – If the first thing that people see when they enter your home is a brand new, high quality door, your property will stick in their memory. This will increase interest in your property and make it more likely that you can achieve your original asking price.
As you can see, there are many good reasons to fit new replacement doors and windows, especially if you are planning to sell your home at some point in the future. To find out how much it will cost, you can call or email us to discuss your requirements.