If you are trying to sell your Toronto home and you want to get the best price possible, there are a number of small improvements you can carry out to help ensure that potential buyers form a positive impression of your house. One of the most effective in terms of return on investment is the installation of a new entry door. There are a number of key reasons that realtors encourage sellers to perform this particular home improvement before viewings begin, which we have listed for you in the following section.
How New Entry Doors Can Enhance Your Chances of Receiving a Good Offer
Find and fit a brand new front door for your property and you will increase the odds of selling your home at a good price. Prospective buyers are attracted to properties with new doors for a number of very good reasons:
- Biggest Return on Investment – As touched upon above, the ROI for this particular home improvement is extremely attractive; in fact, it is higher than the return for pretty much every other type of home improvement you care to mention. For this reason alone, it is definitely worth considering: homeowners stand to recoup well over 80% of the money they spend on new entry doors and to sell their properties more quickly as a result of installing them.
- Makes Property Look Stylish and More Valuable – Houses with doors that look like they were fashionable 20 years ago inevitably come off worse when compared to properties boasting recently manufactured and installed doors. An old-fashioned door can make your home look cheap and unattractive. If this is the first impression that a buyer gets when they arrive, you will have an uphill battle on your hands to change their minds before the viewing is over.
- Creates Impression of a Well-Maintained Property – If a prospective buyer visits your home and the first thing they see on their arrival is a well-worn front door, they will naturally assume that your property has not been looked after properly. This may well not be the case but it is a natural assumption to make when the first thing they see is a door in very poor condition. Sellers can make sure that potential purchasers know they have looked after their properties well, by investing in high quality replacement entry doors before viewings commence.
- Increase Curb Appeal – The curb appeal of your property, i.e. how good it looks when viewed from the outside, can have a major influence on the price you are able to obtain when selling. You can add as much as 10% to the value of your home by making sure it looks as good on the outside as it does on the inside. Conversely, you could lose around 10% by not making improvements in this crucial area, and any attempt to improve curb appeal is almost guaranteed to fail if it does not include the replacement of old entry doors.
- Energy Efficiency – Old doors can be a major source of heat loss during the winter months. By fitting a modern, high quality door, you can improve energy efficiency in your home, something that will appeal to all prospective buyers.
For all of the above reasons, you should seriously consider replacing the front door before putting your home on the market. Whether you are looking for entry doors made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl, steel or aluminum, please do not hesitate to call and ask about our extensive range. We specialize in the supply and installation of high quality replacement doors and windows in Toronto.