If you’re a long time homeowner the thought of replacing your windows has probably crossed your mind at least once. However, a new window installation is a daunting task as it takes time and can be expensive.
You may ask yourself whether it makes more sense to perform a window installation on all of your windows at once or over a longer period of time. Replacing each of your windows separately is appealing and perhaps seems like the less stressful approach, but what is the right choice for your home? And which is more costly?
Window Installation Stages
Your windows are an essential part of your house. They offer security and insulation so when choosing to replace them, it’s understandable if you want to take your time. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits and pitfalls of redoing your windows one section at a time:
- Deciding to undertake your new window installation a little at a time will cost you more money. This is because the window manufacturers and door dealer can offer you much better prices in bulk.
- You pay end up paying more but the cost is spread out.
- If you opt to take the slower route, your window professional will have time to analyse each section of the building and pick out the best options for your Toronto home. You can rest assured the windows will be aesthetically, functionally and structurally sound.
- If your house has aluminium or vinyl siding and you decide to take your window installation in stages then you will have to wait until all the windows are fitted before finishing the new siding.
- It’s highly probable that your windows are not all in the same condition, perhaps some are more weathered and cracked than others. Taking your time in replacing them gives you the space to stand back and decide if all your windows actually need an update.
All-in-one Window Installation
Many folks decide to throw caution to the wind and simply have their windows replaced all at once, this often works out well for the buyer. Let’s take a look:
- Purchasing your windows in bulk (5-8) will be cheaper.
- You pay less but the price will be in a larger, one-off payment.
- The contractors you hire to install the windows will normally offer significantly better rates for a one time refurb than taking it one step at a time.
- Replacing all your windows all at once ensures that energy conservation is equal in all parts of the home, this should be considered in older houses where heat escapes easily.
- For those planning on selling – new windows seriously improve curb value to potential buyers.
Although it is tempting to take your time when it comes to windows, it’s important to consider your home’s specific needs. If you have an older home with antique windows, it may be wiser to replace them all. If you have a mix of older and newer windows then it’s up to you to decide how you would like to do it.
Tell Us About Your Needs
At TorontoDoorsandWindows we don’t mind if you decide to perform your window installation slowly or all-in-one go. You are guaranteed a huge selection of windows to suit any taste. Our professional installation experts will talk you through the process one step at a time. We have over 15 years of experience providing the people of Toronto with outstanding service so you can rest easy that your windows are safe with us.
If you’d like to get in contact for a quote or just to chat about your options, just give us a call at: 647-932-3667 or visit our location.
CONTACT US TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WINDOW INSTALLATION