Homeowners in Toronto who are considering replacing either the windows or the doors in their properties, or perhaps both, will find that there are many local companies who are only too willing to provide them with what they want. In fact, the choice can be quite bewildering, which is why we put together this short article. In it, we are going to examine some of the most frequently asked questions from homeowners in the city regarding replacement doors and windows, along with the answers to these questions. By asking these questions of every supplier you contact, you should be able to pick the best company quite easily.
Replacement Windows and Doors: The Most Important Questions to Ask
Whenever you get in touch with a firm for the first time, ask the following questions and listen carefully to the answers they give.
How Long Will the Installation Process Take?
– A competent team of installers should be able to replace a single window within a couple of hours. A simple entry door should take around the same time so you can estimate the total by multiplying the windows and doors you wish to have replaced by 2. For an average-sized property, it should be possible to complete all the necessary work within a couple of days. If one of the companies that you contact quotes a considerably longer time, you may want to give them a miss, or at least ask them why it will take so long.
Will I See a Reduction in my Annual Heating & Cooling Costs?
– Some products are more energy efficient than others, so it is a good idea to ask whether those you are thinking of purchasing will reduce the cost of heating and cooling your home throughout the year. If the answer is yes, you should ask for details, so you can compare the windows and doors being offered by different companies more easily.
What Kind of Warranty Is Provided?
– If you are going to be spending a considerable sum on replacement doors and windows for your home, you should make sure that they come with an extended warranty. This warranty should cover any defects in materials or labour that may become apparent after installation. If a company is not willing to offer a decent warranty, you may want to think twice about buying any of their products.
Is Vinyl a Good Choice for Door and Window Frames?
– If you are looking for a low maintenance option, vinyl windows and doors are probably the best choice. On the other hand, if you live in a period property and don’t mind spending a little time on the upkeep of your new doors and windows, wooden frames will look more authentic. Any company that takes the time to consider your particular needs when answering this question merits inclusion on your shortlist of potential suppliers.
How Much Experience Does Your Installation Team Have?
– The more experience the better, as far as installing quality doors or windows is concerned.
How Soon Can You Start?
– Some companies take months to fulfil new orders whereas others can act more quickly. If time is an important factor, be sure to choose a firm that is ready to act fast.
There are many more questions you could ask about replacement windows and doors but the above should at least get you off to a good start when evaluating local suppliers. And don’t forget: no matter where you happen to live in the city of Toronto, you are always more than welcome to call us for help and advice when you are ready to have new doors and windows installed in your home.