When having your windows replaced it is important to choose a firm with an installation team that knows exactly what it is doing. While it is not rocket science, fitting replacement windows correctly is something that only highly skilled and experienced installers are capable of doing properly. A reputable and suitably qualified installation team is the only sensible choice and you should never consider leaving the job to inexperienced rookies. If you decide to ignore this advice, you will almost certainly live to regret your decision. Below, we list a few examples of what could go wrong when entrusting such an important job to a newbie with no knowledge or experience of fitting replacement windows in Toronto.
The Perils of Hiring a Rookie Window Replacement Team
Working with an unskilled installation team that is new to the game could result in the following problems:
- Poorly Fitted Windows – The most obvious consequence of hiring a team of rookies is replacement windows that are poorly fitted. Given the cost of having every window in your home replaced it is madness to try to save a small amount of money on the total bill by having the work carried out by amateurs. Poorly fitting windows will let heat out in the winter and in during the summer months, increasing your energy bills. Furthermore, they could seriously compromise the security of your home.
- Damage to Your Property – Inexperienced window replacement teams are far more likely to damage your property during the removal of old units and the installation of new ones. What makes this fact even more worrying is that they are also highly unlikely to be carrying adequate public liability insurance so you could well be stuck with the bill for any repairs to your home that may be needed after their visit.
- Long Delays – Beginners tend to underestimate the amount of time that it will take them to properly fit new windows so even if they avoid making any major mistakes, they could still cause you problems by taking too long to complete the work for which you hire them. A job that experienced window replacement professionals could complete in a day or two may well take a team of rookies a week or possibly even longer. This could cause you real problems if you have travel commitments and are unable to leave your home unoccupied because your new windows are not yet fitted.
- Unnecessary Disruption – Rookie installation teams tend to make a lot more noise and mess than is really necessary, which can cause much distress to the homeowners who have the misfortune to hire them. If you would rather have your windows fitted with the minimum of disruption to your daily life, do yourself a favour and only deal with well-established and experienced window replacement companies in Toronto.
- Worthless Warranties – A 10 or 20-year warranty is only valuable if the company that issues it is likely to be in business to honour it in the future. Rookie installers who have only just started in the industry may well disappear without trace in a year or two, leaving you with nobody to turn to should your replacement windows turn out to be flawed.
These are just a few of the reasons that you should avoid hiring window replacement rookies. If you want the peace of mind that comes from dealing with a well-known and well-respected local expert, call us today and tell us what you need. We will be delighted to provide you with a competitive quotation and can guarantee a hassle-free installation process.