Many Toronto homeowners enjoy tackling minor DIY projects but when it comes to entrance doors, it really is better to pay a professional to do the job for you. If you are wondering why you shouldn’t bother trying to do the work yourself, take a look at the points in the section below. A lot of people are simply not aware of just what is involved in the task and the pitfalls that await them if they are inexperienced at hanging doors. However, after reading this article, you will know exactly why it is a good idea to pay an experienced pro instead of trying to do the job yourself.
Why You Need a Professional to Install Your Entrance Doors
If you are thinking about replacing your front or back door, below are several reasons that it is better to pay an expert to handle the job rather than going it alone.
- Security – The weakest points of any property, as far as potential intruders are concerned, are the doors and windows. For this reason, it is essential that your exterior doors are fitted by an expert who knows exactly what he or she is doing. One simple mistake could render your property vulnerable to local burglars, which is a very good reason not to attempt the job yourself unless you have years of experience.
- Aesthetics – If you make a bad job of installing new entrance doors, your mistakes will be in plain sight for all to see. To ensure that the curb appeal of your property is enhanced rather than spoiled, hire a professional to carry out the installation work on your behalf. There is no point in buying a high quality, stylish door and attempting to install it yourself if you don’t know exactly what you are doing.
- Warranty – Most good quality doors come with a manufacturer’s warranty that covers defects discovered after you have purchased them. However, if you decide to install them yourself, this will almost certainly invalidate the warranty and you will have no recourse in the event that you should discover any manufacturing defects at a later date. Given the cost of quality entrance doors, it is better to play it safe than to risk your money by installing them yourself.
- Time – It takes a considerable amount of time to hang a door properly, especially if you run into any unforeseen difficulties during the installation process. However, a professional installer will be able to complete the job far quicker than the average DIY enthusiast and will know exactly what to do in the event that any problems should arise during the installation.
- Energy – A well-fitted quality door will help to reduce your energy costs as it will prevent warm air from escaping during the winter months and cool air during the hot Toronto summers. However, if your new door is not properly fitted and there are gaps between it and the door frame, any potential savings you could have made will have gone out the window, or the door in this case! A professional installer will make sure that there are no gaps between your new door and the frame, thereby maximizing the energy savings you can expect from investing in a door with excellent insulating properties.
If you are looking for a company that can supply and install high quality entrance doors at competitive rates, we would be delighted to tell you all about the products and services we have to offer. We will also be more than happy to provide you with a free, competitive quotation for any new doors you require.